Pfizer Inc. is seeking an Assistant General Counsel, Patents. Assistant General Counsel will lead patent teams supporting Pfizer’s Vaccines Research Unit and Center for Integrative Biology and Biotheraputics (“CIBB”).
Responsibilities will include managing a variety of intellectual property issues and providing strategic counsel to research and development and business leadership.
• Overseeing and managing a group of attorneys dedicated to the vaccines and CIBB portfolios and R&D client, including work at other R&D sites;
• Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and PCT patent applications and directing the prosecution of foreign counterparts;
• Rendering opinions on patentability, freedom-to-operate (patent clearance), infringement, and validity issues;
• Performing patent due diligence studies for licensing opportunities;
• Reviewing the IP provisions of agreements; and,
• Counseling colleagues from various functional areas, ranging from R&D to commercial operations.
• Ph.D in a biological science (or possess an equivalent background by way of technical training or experience particularly in the areas of proteins, antibodies, nucleic acids, and vaccines) with solid knowledge of biotechnology as well as a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school, be a member in good standing of a state bar, and be registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
• Ten + years’ professional experience with a law firm, corporate legal department, and/or the USPTO;
• Experience dealing with a diversity of IP matters including significant direct experience handling patent preparation and prosecution and associated opinion/counseling support for biologics IP matters, and preferably for matters related to proteins, antibodies, nucleic acids, and vaccines; and,
• Team-oriented self-starter with strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills, be able to work under deadline pressures, and maintain close attention to detail.
Throughout our 153 years, a legacy of caring for others has been at the heart of everything we do at Pfizer. This commitment is no less important when it comes to our employees. Pfizer wants to ensure that employees have resources to help them develop and succeed both in their careers and personal lives. One way we can achieve this is through our comprehensive benefits program, which offers employees and their eligible dependents the variety and flexibility to help address their needs at different stages in life.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
All applicants must have authorization to work for Pfizer in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pfizer to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pfizer and the specific job and/or work site.
Pfizer may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek.
In no case should Pfizer's support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pfizer.
Please copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar: http://posttrak.arbita.net/cgi-bin/PostTrak.cgi?RefCode=R1906283408647
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Pearl River, New York