Primary Responsibilities for Role:
• Managing idea development and harvesting from global research and development.
• Processing new ideas to develop complete invention disclosures to help control application drafting costs.
• Efficiently identifying prior art.
• Providing consistent claim strategy and ensuring that patent applications are efficient and complete.
• Working with outside counsel and inventors to respond to office actions from the USPTO.
• Supporting managing attorney in litigation and other corporate counseling roles.
• Providing legal counsel and oversight for basic to complex legal matters affecting the company.
JD Degree from an accredited law school. Licensed to practice law by being admitted to and a member in good standing of at least one state bar. If not a member of the North Carolina Bar, be qualified for admission to the North Carolina Bar within the first year of employment. Member in good standing of the U.S. Patent Bar.
Works on legal issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Regularly interacts with senior internal and external personnel. Researches and analyzes proposed transactions, assesses risks and rewards, and recommends strategies to minimize risk. Ability to perform the duties of the job with general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
Three years of patent preparation and prosecution (in the software field) experience at a law firm. Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Former examiner at USPTO. Prior in-house Corporate legal counsel experience managing preparation and prosecution. Experience with patent litigation.
Apply online by visiting this link: http://sas.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=12001394.
Emloyer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Cary, North Carolina