• Computer networking
• Computer vision and image processing
• Display/pixel technology
• GPS/satellite positioning
• Wireless networking
Other strong science, technology and/or engineering backgrounds: biology, chemistry, mechanical
The Patent Researcher will research invention concepts using a variety of databases and compile formal search reports to demonstrate findings to clients. A majority of work requires in-depth reading, writing and working on computers.
• Quickly review to gain an understanding of technical aspects of client inventions and/or technical search concepts
• Create research strategies that best utilize time and resources when executed
• Perform extensive database research
• Review, gather and analyze technical literature
• Report research findings in a timely and high-quality manner
• Continuously and concisely learn, interpret, comprehend, retain and apply technical abilities
• Previous patent examining or patent searching experience preferred
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, in Engineering, (e.g., Electrical, Telecommunications) or equivalent experience is required
• Enjoy an ongoing learning and computer-based environment that is dedicated to delivering quality end-products
• Be a self-starter while striving for timely results; this is a distinctive opportunity for one to grow with a high-performing firm
• Proactively, confidently and effectively communicates (written and verbal) with team members and clients
• Thrive in ambiguity with a passion for continuous learning; will put that knowledge to use in delivering swift results to meet client deadlines
• Quick ability to redirect focus on new priorities manages time with good organizational skills
To apply for consideration, please email your resume to our Recruiter, Kristen Rettig at Krettig@redchalk.com.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois
Red Chalk Group is an established professional services firm focusing on intellectual property consulting, transactions, litigation support, investment research, and proprietary enhanced data. Our firm delivers technology valuation, industry & competitive analysis, merger & acquisition/investment support, licensing & commercialization support, and IP transaction services. Red Chalk Group has helped business leaders address their greatest challenges related to Intellectual Property by focusing on IP issues and opportunities at the most senior levels.
Utilizing its network of PhD level subject matter experts and analysts as well as its proprietary databases and tools, Red Chalk Group provides industry-leading capabilities and resources to its clients. Our clients include many of the Fortune 100 as well as leading investment banking and money management institutions. We are building our capabilities in Chicago and the Bay area to support our ongoing growth. We are headquartered in Chicago with additional offices in Munich, Germany and Tokyo, Japan.
To learn more about Red Chalk Group, please visit our website at www.redchalk.com.