Fluke is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to work in its South Everett, Washington offices. Are you looking for a role where you will work closely with our Patent Lawyer and own the patent administrative process with the opportunity for growth and development? Are you looking to partner with both external clients and business leaders to help manage the patent and annuities processes? If so, we have your next opportunity! You will be responsible for the auditing, administration of patent submissions, actions and decisions across the organization.
You will provide specifically substantive legal work for department lawyers and assist in providing legal support to the organization of a complex and responsible nature for our inventors’ patents both domestically and globally. This may include both corporate and commercial work and records management as well as trademark and IP research and support at the highest level.
• You will be responsible for the patent portfolio including, review and management of internal and external patent correspondence. Manage patent committee meetings while working closely with national/international outside counsel and inventors during patent prosecution to grant. Monitor USPTO patent site for granted patents and notifies inventors, VPs and HR of grants.
• You will oversee and conduct due-diligence for incoming information, requests and related correspondence and materials including IP, litigation discovery, legal research and copyright permission requests as well as inquiries from outside inventors for idea review by Business Unit managers.
• You will assess and support Fluke’s NDA process and assisting with trademark inquiries providing accurate and timely information on federally registered and common law marks.
• You will research the patent assignment and filing of IP for newly acquired entities working with outside counsel in obtaining necessary chain of title documentation.
• You will work closely with the department on budget administration, expense accruals and forecasting.
• 2+ years of related experience supporting the docketing, patent administration, database management, auditing, building queries and reporting.
• Associates degree or Paralegal certification required, BA a plus.
Demonstrated Skills and Abilities:
• Proven track record of taking initiative, attention to detail, organization and prioritization and problem solving
• Experience working and partnering with all levels in an organization.
• Strong communication in both written and verbal formats
• Experience and knowledge of large and complex database systems, including ability to create queries, and MS products especially PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience with CPI, Decipher or other docketing databases a plus
All external hiring is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Fluke is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply by emailing Anne Wharton at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: South Everett, Washington