Gilead Sciences is seeking a Business Conduct Attorney to work in its Foster City, California headquarters. This function will best be served by an individual with experience working as a product attorney in the area of compliance with pharmaceutical promotional laws and regulations. Other candidates with litigation experience representing pharmaceutical companies on promotional issues are also considered.
Working within the Business Conduct team, serve as a strategic partner to the commercial business to ensure appropriate and compliant promotional practices under applicable FDA and other statutory and regulatory requirements. Under appropriate supervision and in collaboration with colleagues on the Business Conduct and Commercial Legal Affairs teams, take substantial responsibility for reviewing and monitoring promotional materials and activities, as well as business strategies, associated with one of the company's discrete therapeutic areas. Contribute to the periodic review, revision and supplementation of corporate and commercial compliance policies and procedures to ensure they appropriately reflect legal and regulatory developments.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
• Serve as legal compliance resource for company commercial activities including devising policies and procedures, training and monitoring processes to improve sales and marketing compliance.
• Appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results within the reasonable agreed timelines.
• Demonstrate ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems.
• Advance a positive spirit of partnership and collaboration with internal clients, internal legal colleagues and outside counsel.
• Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company's enthusiastic, informal and fast-paced environment
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• Have a Juris Doctorate from a nationally recognized law school.
• Have at least 10 years of prior industry experience in sales or marketing role or at least 8 years prior in-house or law firm experience providing legal counsel on the laws and regulations relating to drugs, devices, or food products demonstrating growth and ability to succeed.
• Must have demonstrated client service orientation; able to recognize and respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations and demanding clients.
• Must have demonstrated skills, depth and expertise depending in area(s) of responsibility.
• Have exceptional and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Detailed knowledge of Food and Drug Administration and other government regulation of marketing and advertising of pharmaceutical products.
• This position requires demonstration of Gilead’s core values: Teamwork, Accountability, Excellence and Integrity
• This position requires working within a team extensively and accordingly, the ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with others is absolutely critical. You must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a variety of different personalities to be successful in this role.
• This is an “in-office” position. While occasional, reasonable requests for telecommuting will be accommodated, a regular out-of-office telecommute schedule is not Gilead’s policy and is not a viable option for this position.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are necessary, including the ability to speak and write clearly and concisely.
• The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter and will be given increasing responsibility. The ability to competently carry-out and follow through on directives and to learn quickly is expected.
• The candidate is expected to be proficient at applying legal analysis in a business context.
• Demonstrating the ability to independently identify issues, goals, needs and solutions will be key for future success.
• The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment is critical.
• The candidate must be proficient in MS Office-based applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today by visiting this link: https://www.gilead.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=9940&CurrentPage=3.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Foster City, California
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.