• Prepare and prosecute high quality patent applications protecting CommVault’s products and services worldwide.
• Work closely with internal teams to identify new inventions.
• Provide IP support as a member of cross-functional legal teams in licensing, litigation, and other matters.
• Provide infringement, validity, and freedom to operate opinions based on prior art search results and other analysis.
• Identify strategic business value and market dynamics associated with various technologies and competing products.
• Closely supervise outside counsel responsible for aspects of CommVault’s patent portfolio.
• Advise internal stakeholders at various levels regarding IP issues.
• Assist in budget preparation and forecasting.
• Partner-track or equivalent in-house attorney with minimum of 4 years of intellectual property experience with a large law firm or major corporation.
• BS and/or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience in the software field; JD from a top tier ABA-approved law school.
• Prior non-legal work experience in software development is a plus.
• Proven track record of successful software patent prosecution and patent litigation or litigation support.
• Experience supporting transactional teams on general IP and M&A matters, drafting IP licenses and product development agreements, and participating in related negotiations.
• Familiarity with Open Source licensing issues
• Registered to practice before the USPTO
• Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with clients in team-oriented partnerships to achieve outstanding results
Apply online by visiting this link: http://www.commvault.com/about-us/careers/search.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Oceanport, New Jersey