The Coca-Cola Company is seeking a Senior Paralegal to work in its Atlanta, Georgia offices. Reporting to the Patent Manager, the Patent Paralegal is responsible for assisting patent attorneys and agents in drafting, editing, and filing patent related documents at US and foreign patent offices; corresponding with outside domestic and foreign associates regarding patent matters; processing invention disclosures including requesting prior art searches (utility & design patents); and advising clients on patent prosecution procedure and status.
• Draft, edit, and file patent related documents including but not limited to patent applications, assignments,
responses to missing parts, responses to restriction requirements, responses to office actions, notices of appeal, appeal briefs, information disclosure statements, and powers of attorney, as well as various other pilot program documents and PPH requests.
• Conduct electronic filings in the USPTO and PCT Offices.
• Correspond with foreign associates and coordinate prosecution instructions between internal counsel and foreign associates including docket number assignment, allowance instructions, fee/annuity instructions, and foreign filing instructions.
• Coordinate prosecution instructions between internal counsel and outside counsel.
• Maintain a docket and advise internal and external counsel as needed.
• Communicate with internal clients regarding patent prosecution requirements, procedures and status.
• Review and process invention disclosures and request prior art searches, as appropriate.
• Other responsibilities and key result areas will be assigned as required.
Education & Experience:
• Paralegal certificate or Bachelor's degree required.
• Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience preparing and filing documents at the USPTO via e-filing including basic patent office transmittals, responses to missing parts, information disclosure statements, and responses to office actions; design patent filing and registration experience; foreign filing experience, including PCT applications and national stage applications; and
maintaining a patent docket.
• Excellent knowledge of USPTO and PCT rules and procedures.
• Experience with the Anaqua record management software a plus.
Strong organizational skills, comfortable with fast-paced environment, flexible and team player attitude is a must. Ability to work under minimal supervision required.
Core Competencies Required:
• Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops unique ideas that can be used to improve the organization and influences others# opinions, convincing them of the value of new ideas and initiatives.
• Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Translates strategic objectives into clear action plans for the team and makes choices that are focused on increasing Company/System profitability.
• Delivers Results: Ensures team delivers value-added solutions that lead to quality results.
Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Builds relationships that result in plans/solutions for the business.
• Develops and Inspires Others: Conveys messages clearly and tailored content and delivery style to the audience. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
• Lives the Values: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the Company.
• Customer service and results-oriented
For more information and to apply online, visit this link: http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/careers/careers_north_america.html.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia