The successful candidate must be a highly organized, self-motivated patent prosecution assistant to provide administrative support to the Intellectual Property department team. Responsibilities include filing prosecution-related documents with the USPTO, including applications, amendments, maintenance fees, issue fees, and other prosecution-related documents, and preparing/filing Information Disclosure Statements and Sequence Listings. Experience with foreign filing also required. Must be knowledgeable in e-filing.
• Electronic filing of prosecution-related documents with the USPTO
• Prepare and file Information Disclosure Statements as needed
• Prepare and file Sequence Listings as needed
• Coordinate filings with foreign patent counsel
• Ensure third party handling of patent annuity and renewal payments
• Responsible for invoice processing
• 5+ years of international patent prosecution administrative experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
• Knowledge of US and international patent prosecution processes and patent office rules
• Demonstrated knowledge of the USPTO’s e-filing system and PAIR
• Excellent writing, grammatical, and organizational skills are a must
• Willingness to take initiative and stay ahead of the curve
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment is essential.
• HS Diploma with strong experience in supporting patent prosecution; University degree preferred
• Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
• Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
• Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
• Ability to work as part of a team
At Genomic Health, there is truly a transparent and inclusive environment that allows each of our employees to see the contributions they’re making to the lives of our patients. From frequent and real-time feedback to a reward system that promotes our values, aligns our company and rewards results, we work hard to create a truth-seeking, supportive environment. We celebrate accomplishments, promote career growth, encourage work/life balance and value individual perspectives.
If interested, please apply online at: https://jobs-genomichealth.icims.com/jobs/2724/job.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Redwood City, California
Extraordinary Professionals Committed to Helping Those with Cancer
Genomic Health places special emphasis on recruiting and retaining exceptional professionals as we believe having the best employees will foster a strong organization that can carry out its commitment to improving the lives of people affected by cancer. We believe that we are not only creating personalized medicine to enable patients to make the best treatment decisions, we are also creating a unique company that allows its employees to profoundly impact the world we live in for the better.