• Patent prosecution, including the preparation, filing, and prosecution of new patent applications.
• Draft and review business contracts, including supply and manufacturing agreements, purchase agreements, licenses, etc.
• Supporting counsel in the preparation of intellectual property related legal opinions on issues such as freedom to operate, ownership, infringement, and validity.
• Supporting patent related due diligence in commercial transactions such as acquisitions, divestitures, and licensing.
• Communicate effectively with R&D on patent matters.
• Admitted to the Bar (NJ or NY preferred).
• Undergraduate degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or physics strongly preferred.
• Registration to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
• A minimum of three year's patent prosecution experience. Experience reviewing and drafting contracts is a plus.
• Must be familiar with patent related case law and have experience in analyzing the patentability of inventions and the validity of patents, and drafting related opinions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is essential.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate comfortably at all levels within business clients, and with multinational personnel from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and locations.
• Be highly motivated, with the ability to pro-actively organize a heavy workload and demonstrate excellent analytical abilities.
• A flexible and proactive approach to problems and demands, with the ability to thrive on challenge and react quickly and positively to a fast-moving and challenging environment.
• A record of providing legal services in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
To learn more and to apply, please visit this link: http://www.Click2Apply.net/3f5sgq3. Maquet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employer Type: Other
Job Location: Wayne, New Jersey
The MAQUET Group is a subsidiary of the publicly-listed Swedish company GETINGE AB and is the leading international provider of forward-looking products and therapeutic applications for the OR and ICU.
As a specialist for the three divisions Cardiovascular, Critical Care and Surgical Workplaces, MAQUET employs more than 5,000 personnel worldwide in research, development, production, sales and service.
• In the Critical Care division MAQUET focuses on the implementation of innovative products and solutions for ventilation and anesthesia.
• In the Cardiovascular division MAQUET bundles its competencies for the gentle treatment of heart, lung and vascular diseases.
• In the Surgical Workplaces division MAQUET concentrates on the implementation of efficient, practice-oriented workplaces in the operating room.