Roche, one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups, is seeking a licensing manager to work in Pleasanton, California.
• Administers the U.S. PCR service licensing program. Offers the service license broadly through mass communications and one-on-one. Negotiates requested changes to template agreement. Follows up on infringement activity. Manages most U.S. service license issues (e.g., enforcement, interpretation of terms, etc.).
• Develops and enforces processes and procedures related to contract and financial obligations from licensing agreements and works with Contract Administrator to ensure appropriate database entry and tracking. Assists in oversight of the activities of the Royalty Administrator and contacts U.S. service licensees as warranted regarding specific compliance issues.
• Works with Finance to help ensure coordination of related tasks performed by Finance and the Royalty Administrator and appropriate systems in place to support those tasks. Also works with Finance on matters related to licensee compliance, most specifically as it relates to licensee audits.
• Coordinates with Licensing department to ensure common goals are achieved.
• Responsible for tracking and assuring licensing obligations are in compliance with product development goals and timelines.
• Database management for product development requirements for licensing-related activities and execution of product development – related licensing documents.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
• Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience (i.e., in a biotechnology licensing function working with patent technology), required.
• Ph.D, preferred.
• Minimum required: 3 to 5 years. Negotiating experience. Experience with out-licensing of patent rights.
• Preferred: Experience where process patents are licensed.
• Training sufficient to give familiarity with scientific/medical terms. Familiarity with biological terms, disease and gene names, ability to ask the right questions of scientists to fill in the blanks is essential in negotiations. Ability to talk with people from variety of backgrounds and expertise, explaining terms even more simply than written agreements.
The next step is yours. To apply online today and to learn about other exciting positions, please go to: http://careers.roche.com and enter Job ID #2509487142 in the “Keyword” box underneath the Global Job Search field. Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Pleasanton, California
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.