• Assist with obtaining IP rights
• Interface with outside patent counsel worldwide
• Conduct patent research
• Prepare and edit/revise patent applications and responses to office actions
Support the IP Law Function:
• Support Director, Intellectual Property and the Hollister Law team generally with respect to patent litigation and administrative proceedings
• Manage the scheduling, agendas, and materials for Intellectual Property Committee and Patent Review (outside counsel) meetings
• Deliver meaningful training sessions for technical and non-technical associates regarding IP rights, laws, and procedures
Essential Functions of the Role:
• Extensive use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint) and database management software.
• Occasional international and domestic travel.
• Frequent communication with outside attorneys/agents, as well as, with business units regarding intellectual property matters.
• Bachelor's degree and/or graduate degree in organic or polymer chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer science, materials science, or other relevant technical degree.
• Registration before the US Patent and Trademark Office.
• 5 or more years' experience working as a patent agent in a corporate law environment or law firm.
• Familiarity with procedures for handling domestic and foreign intellectual property practice matters.
• Self-motivated, creative, strong organizational skills with emphasis on attention to detail, and ability to maintain confidentiality. Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Up to 10%
*Hollister is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online by visiting this link: https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=Hollister&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_US&career_job_req_id=4541&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=OGdr7ZXeguBHxnkr6dHTBuKIVC4%3d.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Libertyville, Illinois
over 90 years, Hollister Incorporated has built a strong foundation of quality
medical products, quality services, and quality employees - making a difference
in the lives of those we serve. Hollister Incorporated stands strong: We are an
independent and employee-owned company. Committed to our customers. Dedicated to
our employees. Working towards the future with a long-term vision.
Our challenge at Hollister Incorporated is to find those who share this dedication of helping others. Those searching for a way to make a difference. To leave a legacy of achievement. Knowing it takes talent, teamwork, and sheer determination.
Hollister Incorporated is a company where dedicated professionals can channel their efforts in a worthwhile cause. A company where good work is rewarded. Where contributing selflessly is highly regarded. This growing global medical device company will make the journey...with you. So join us, and make a difference.