Carestream Health, Inc. is seeking a Patent Attorney to support its
Dental business unit, which includes digital dental x-ray systems and software,
practice management software, dental film, and anesthetics. The Patent Attorney
will be located at Carestream’s Atlanta, Georgia office.
• Draft patent applications
• Prosecute patent applications, both in the United States and internationally.
• Manage outside counsel involved in international prosecution.
• Provide legal counsel regarding patentability of new products and technologies.
• Provide legal counsel regarding infringement and validity issues.
• Provide advice on product and technology development in light of the competitive IP landscape.
• Review and analyze competitor patents and competitor technology and provide analysis for developing both defensive and offensive IP strategies.
• Provide support for patent litigation.
• Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures relating to intellectual property.
• Keep current with case law and other legal developments.
Required Skills and Experience:
• J.D. from an accredited Law school.
• Minimum of B.S. in Electrical Engineering, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, BS in Physics.
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a patent attorney, including experience in patent preparation and prosecution and counseling on infringement and validity issues.
• Admission to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
• Admission to one state bar; preferably admitted to Georgia or eligible for admission via reciprocity.
• Conversational French language skills highly desirable, with preference given to candidates with business level French language skills.
• Candidates local to Atlanta, Georgia strongly preferred..
• Must have the ability to travel to Carestream’s sites in Paris, France and Shanghai, China on regular basis.
• Ability to work with people at different management levels within the company.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with rapidly changing priorities.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Computer skills: strong Word, Excel and experienced working with different databases.
To apply for this position, please visit the careers section of our website at www.carestream.com/careers.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Carestream Health is a dynamic global company with over 100 years of leadership
in radiology and healthcare IT. We are passionately committed to helping our
customers do their jobs better, faster and more cost effectively. By applying
our insights and experience, we create inventive, elegant solutions that offer a
smarter way forward.
Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Carestream has over 7000 employees operating in 150 countries. Our customers range from large enterprises to small private practices, including: large health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, medical groups and dental practices. In addition to our innovative radiology products, Carestream also sells solutions for information management, non-destructive testing, molecular imaging, thin-film coating & nanomaterials.
Carestream Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer