• Work closely with the IP Team to develop, implement, and maintain docketing processes, procedures and policies for invention disclosures, patents, and patent applications, including daily or periodic clearance of workflow.
• Advise the IP Team regarding proposed changes to the MPEP, the Code of Federal Regulations, and court opinions that affect the docketing process.
• Coordinate and report communications with the USPTO and foreign patent agencies.
• Prepare and file appropriate documentation for patent applications.
• Coordinate electronic filings of patent applications and communications with the USPTO.
• Coordinate filing of Information Disclosure Statements, including maintaining a database to ensure prior art is being cited where appropriate.
• Interface with inventors to capture new innovations for review by the IP Team.
• Interact with U.S. and international counsel.
• Perform comprehensive literature searches to identify potential prior art.
• Administer inventor awards program.
• Assist other departments to ensure understanding and expectations for patent policies and rules, including fielding questions from employees.
• Review new patent grants for errors and corrections.
• Maintain docketing system for invention disclosures, patent applications, and patents.
• Prepare patent committee meeting agendas; obtain, assemble and distribute meeting materials.
• Identify and coordinate training needs for individuals within the IP team.
• Bachelor’s degree with a Paralegal certificate is preferred.
• Five (5) years of progressive experience providing a thorough understanding of domestic and international patent prosecution practice to achieve business objectives.
• Experience with working with extensive patent portfolios and docketing systems (experience with Anaqua is preferred).
• Excellent writing, analytical, and communication skills.
• Organized, independent, detailed oriented, and enthusiastic, with a demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, on multiple tasks, and to meet deadlines.
• Experienced with the USPTO’s Electronic Filing System (EFS), and Patent Term Adjustment.
• Ability to search patent and related literature in public and proprietary databases quickly and efficiently.
• Familiarity with patent law and practice, including the MPEP, Code of Federal Regulations, is preferred.
Headquartered in Chicago with 12 offices globally, TT has received "best in class" awards from numerous independent third parties including FOW, Buy-Side Technology, The Technical Analyst and Chicago magazines as well as the Illinois Information Technology Association (ITA).
TT is committed to providing an environment where highly talented, challenge-hungry people thrive. We invest heavily in employee satisfaction. Competitive salaries, stock options, company-matched retirement plans, low-cost comprehensive health benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, 22 days of paid time off plus holidays, pre-tax commuting benefits, health club subsidies, company-sponsored social outings, game room lounges, an ultra-casual work environment, company sponsored social events, and free breakfast, snacks, and beverages are just some of the benefits of working at TT.
Please send your resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
222 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 1100 | Chicago, IL 60606 | http://www.tradingtechnologies.com/careers.
222 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 1100
Chicago, IL 60606
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois
you interested in pursuing your passion in an industry that demands innovation?
Trading Technologies (TT) is looking for self-motivated employees who thrive on
challenges and take ownership in fast-paced and collaborative environments.
Trading Technologies (www.tradingtechnologies.com) develops multi-asset-class trading software and microsecond server-based execution solutions for the world’s premier investment banks, proprietary traders, brokers, hedge funds and other trading institutions. On any given day, thousands of traders in more than 40 countries use TT’s software to access dozens of global derivatives markets. TT’s software & solutions are distributed through more than 100 firms, including 19 of the top 20 U.S futures brokers.