Contract and Transactional Work:
• Provide legal support for negotiation and drafting of contracts dealing with intellectual property, including licensing, limited use sales, material transfer, technology transfer, experimental trials and testing, and research collaborations with both public and private sector institutions.
• Work with R&D and business unit leaders to ensure proper agreements are identified and put in place.
Building Patent Assets:
• Implement appropriate patent strategies for the protection of innovations
• Work collaboratively with global patent team
Other IP-Related Legal Work, handled directly and/or through management of outside counsel:
• Advise clients on intellectual property related legal aspects of day-to-day transactions
• Patentability, validity, infringement, freedom-to-operate opinions
• IP due diligence in support of acquisitions, divestitures and other transactions
• IP litigation support working in conjunction with litigation and global patent teams
• IP training in coordination with other members of BASF's international patent and general legal teams
- BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
• JD degree; license to practice within the U.S. in at least one state
• Registered U.S. patent attorney
- Minimum 3 years of patent application drafting and prosecution experience in molecular biology, biotechnology arts, or chemistry
- Minimum 1 year of experience in biotech and/or chemical IP transactional work
• IP/technical background in one or more of plant science, molecular biology, biotechnology, chemistry
• Ability to provide quality and timely work product with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Strong business judgment and social skills for role in mediating between competing business interests
• Responsiveness. Listening to clients and finding a way to make it happen for them.
• Opinion work experience is a plus
• Experience in the crop seed, crop protection or agricultural industry a plus
To apply, visit this link: http://on.basf.com/1300227intelpropcounfadv.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina