Enhancing communication all around the globe… Our customers range from Commercial to Government making us complex, yet flexible in meeting the world’s communication needs. Each group at ViaSat contributes to the launch of every satellite, how exciting is that?
As a Patent Agent you will utilize your legal expertise by supporting one or more business areas through working with in-house counsel, outside patent counsel, business area managers, technical leads, and inventors. You will prepare and prosecute patent applications, patent searching, and other activities in support of company’s patent portfolio.
• USPTO registration
• Ability to function in a dynamic team-oriented environment
• Engineering experience in one or more of: optical systems, radio frequency electronics, satellite technology, computer networking/Internet, cloud computing, antennas, digital signal processing, information assurance
• Bachelor’s degree in EE, CS or related field with relevant experience
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for some projects in which case, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment
• Advanced degree, Master’s or PhD
• Patent drafting and prosecution
• Invention harvesting
• Landscape analysis
• PCT/International patent
This is a unique opportunity to work with challenging and fun technology in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You will work at our beautiful Carlsbad Headquarters location situated only 5 minutes away from local beaches.
Drive your career to ViaSat where every day you know your expertise makes a difference to the company, your team and our customers! If you are excited by this opportunity, submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at ViaSat.
Apply online by visiting this link: http://www.viasat.com/careers.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Carlsbad, California