Roche, one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups, is seeking a
Sr. Licensing Contract Administrator to work in Pleasanton, California.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
• Prepares and coordinates all documentation for Product and Licensing Contract Overviews and associated documents for the Licensing department.
• Maintains licensing agreement database and is responsible for data entry and maintenance to ensure accurate and timely royalty obligations for RMS can be met by Finance.
• Provides constant database curation and monitoring.
• Maintains a tracking system for completion and issue reports on contract activities.
• Primary person to coordinate, manage, enter and track the associating of products with relevant patents with input from Patents, licensing agreements with input from Licensing, and royalty obligations in the active database system.
• Monitors contract compliance for Licensing department.
• Assists in royalty administration locally and with corporate Licensing internationally and serves as the primary person for this function within the Licensing Department.
• Interfaces with Finance and Licensing to make sure that delinquencies are addressed in a timely manner.
• Analyzes licensing contracts and agreements for financial and non-financial obligations, enters and tracks these in eBDS and other relevant database.
• Maintains and updates contracts in eBDS and other relevant database.
• Generates database reports.
• Resolves contract administration issues.
• Ensures that products are readily and properly identified, documented for and linked to patents in database for accurate and timely royalty obligation fulfillment and tracking.
• Coordinates with Project Leaders and Product Managers, Licensing Managers, Patent Attorneys and Contract Attorneys to ensure proper agreement and product information entry and maintenance in relevant databases.
• Interfaces with local and global administrators for eBDS, SAP, Design History Files, Sales Databases and other databases, as necessary, to coordinate contract administration for RMS.
• Creating PowerPoint and Excel presentations and presenting to internal and external customers.
• Provides input to royalty income estimates and budgets.
• Provides input to Licensing personnel regarding royalty issues relating to products and provides necessary input to LifeCycle Teams
• Other duties as necessary.
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Knowledge of patents and licensing contracts highly preferable
• Minimum of 5-8 years proven relevant experience
• Significant (minimum 3-5 years) Diagnostic and /or Pharma/Biotech experience, preferably in both global and local roles highly desirable
• Enjoys and thrives in a team environment.
• Effectively communicates with scientist, physicians, business development professionals, patent and contract attorneys and others to achieve desired results.
• Result oriented with the ability and desire to effectively manage a project from start to finish both in time and with the desired financial outcome.
• Highly self-motivated with some project management skill desired.
The next step is yours. To apply online today and to learn about other exciting positions, please go to: http://careers.roche.com and enter Job ID #2746227527 in the “Keyword” box underneath the Global Job Search field. Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Pleasanton, California
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.