- Professor Mark Janis of Indiana has put together a really interesting conference titled “Patent Scope Revisited: Merges & Nelson's ‘On the Complex Economics of Patent Scope,’ 20 Years After.” Sept 23–24 in Bloomington. Speakers include Rob Merges, Don Chisum, Ed Kitch, John Duffy, Jay Kesan, Rochelle Dreyfuss, Kevin Collins, Chris Cotropia, etc. (I will also be speaking at the event and hope to see you there.) [LINK]. (FREE)
- Catholic University (Columbus School of Law) is presenting a discussion of the “Ethical Ramifications of Therasense” on Sept 27 from 5pm – 6:30pm at the National Press Club. Speakers include Professors Beth Winston and Megan La Belle from Catholic University along with ITC Chief Judge Paul Lukern, Professor Lisa Dolak (Syracuse), Jim Kulbaski (Oblon) and Ed Polk (Foley) [LINK]. (FREE).
- Former Chief Judge Michel along with a host of professors and in-house counsel will discuss “Patentable Subject Matter” on Sept 20 9:30am – 12:45pm at GWU in DC. [LINK].
- San Diego IP Law Association is holding a Discussion of Therasense on Sept 23 from 6pm – 10pm. Speakers include Chris Mammen, Hans Sauer (BIO), Larry Repress, and Fred Hadidi. [Link] ($70–$90).
- 2010 APLF Annual Meeting is September 29 – October 1 in Chicago. [LINK].
- IBC Legal has an interesting looking conference in London discussing IP Rights in China on the November 22–23. Patently-O readers should use code KW8070PO for a 10% discount. [Link]
- WAY OUT IN THE FUTURE: On Feb 25, 2011, The Missouri Law Review is hosting a conference that looks at the patent jurisprudence of the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit with a special focus on the impact of Chief Judge Michel. It will held right here in Columbia Missouri.
- Marjama Muldoon Blasiak & Sullivan LLP, a Central New York intellectual property law firm, has immediate openings for a Patent Attorney. [Link]
- Lee & Hayes, a nationally known intellectual property (IP) law firm, is seeking a lateral experienced patent attorney. [Link]
- International IP Law Group is seeking an Associate, Of Counsel to prepare and prosecute patent applications relating to complex electrical technology and software. [Link]
- ResMed (Sydney) is seeking a Qualified US, European or Australian patent attorney with a number of years post registration experience. Experience within biomedical engineering and in-house will be looked upon favourably. [Link]
- HP seeks a patent attorney. [Link]
New Hampshire Law School:
Franklin Pierce Law Center was founded by patent attorneys back in 1973. For a time the law school was the clear national leader in the training of future patent attorneys. In the past 15–years, many law schools have added patent-focused faculty, but Franklin Pierce is still one of only a handful of schools that focuses on IP law training rather than legal theory. This week, the law school announced that it has formally merged with the University of New Hampshire and has become the University of New Hampshire School of Law. At the same time, the school created Franklin Pierce Center for Intellectual Property. Congratulations to my friends at UNH! [Link]