Please take a couple of minutes to complete this survey on the impact of the proposed patent reform measures:
Background: Patent reform measures have been passed in both the House and Senate that would, inter alia:
- eliminate a patent applicant's ability to swear-behind prior art based upon prior invention;
- grant rights to the first-inventor-to-file a patent application;
- create an additional post-grant opposition program;
- eliminate the one-year grace period for third-party disclosures;
- provide the PTO with some additional ability to set its own fees and to spend the fees collected;
- make it easier for corporate patent owners to file applications associated with non-cooperative inventors;
- eliminate best mode failure as a litigation defense; and
- eliminate the incentive to sue for false patent marking.
Supporters of the reforms have made various announcements regarding the impact of the patent reform measure as proposed. These statements include: "Through patent reform, we can cut the red tape that stops too many inventors and entrepreneurs from quickly turning new ideas into thriving businesses." And that the reforms "are expected to create 200,000 new jobs;" "will simplify patent law;" "will streamline the patent system;" and "represent the first major overhaul of the U.S. patent system in 60 years."
Link to the Survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YGP3JR9