- The New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association presents: Electronics, Telecom, and Software Patent Practice Update on January 24, 2013. Agenda includes panels on Non-Practicing Entities, America Invents Act, and case law updates. "We are delighted to provide this second annual program to educate intellectual property attorneys about the latest developments in patent law under the America Invents Act and recent rulings in patent litigation that impact legal practice in the electronics, telecom and software sectors," said Robert E. Rudnick, Program Chair. "We are particularly pleased to offer a panel this year addressing issues our clients face in view of patent infringement claims raised by Non-Practicing Entities." To view the program agenda and register, please visit http://www.njipla.org/events.asp#event52.
- C5's 5th Annual Forum on Biotech and Pharma Patent Litigation is scheduled for January 29-30 in Amsterdam. [Link] (PatentlyO readers use code PO10 for a 10% discount)
- IBC Legal will hold its 21st Anniversary Biotech & Pharmaceutical Patenting Conference 2013: Protecting and maximizing medical innovation February 26-27 at the Westin Grand Munich. The conference will help you get up to date with this complex sector's key legal issues and gain commercial insights into how to surmount the practical challenges that Biotech & Pharmaceutical Patenting poses. Guest speakers include: Heli Pihlajamaa, Juergen Dressel, Tom Bombelles, and many others. [Link] (PatentlyO readers use code FKW82348PTLL for a 10% discount)
- American Conference Institute is hosting its Life Sciences Collaborative Agreements and Acquisitions conference February 27-28th, 2013 in New York, NY. Learn more and register with code PO 200 to receive a discount: [Link].
- Practical Law is hosting the 1st Annual Life Sciences Law Forum on March 5-6 at the Hilton Waldorf Hotel, in London. The forum will provide a unique cross-border analysis of market trends, discuss issues at the heart of your business and prepare you for what lies ahead. Guest speakers include: Ewan Nettleton, Bill Mordan, Elizabeth Choo, Reza Green, and many others. [Link] (PatentlyO readers register online with discount code LSPA01)
- American Conference Institute is hosting its Medical Device Patents conference March 5-6th, 2013 in Chicago. In response to the daunting challenges facing the medical device industry, ACI's Advanced Summit on Medical Device Patents provides a forum for the key players - preeminent in-house IP counsel, patent prosecutors and litigators, the PTO, and judges - to unite and share their collective intellectual property knowledge to provide you with cutting-edge patent strategies you can immediately incorporate into your practice before the historic switch to first-to-file on March 16th, 2013. [Link] (PatentlyO readers use code PO 200 for a discount)
- American Conference Institute is hosting its FDA Boot Camp conference March 19-20th, 2013 in New York, NY. Register with code PO 200 for a discount. [Link]
Marcus Evans is hosting its IP Law 2013 Summit in Colorado Springs, CO March 21-23. The IP Law Summit will highlight the current challenges and opportunities through visionary conference sessions and keynote presentations delivered by your most esteemed peers and thought leaders from Americas leading corporations and mid-market organizations. Register online at [Link].
Contact Lawrence.Higgins@patentlyo.com with leads for future Bits and Bytes.